Wild Kingdom, indeed. The monkey was 2.5, the zebra was 15 months, and the turtle was…well a turtle…6 weeks old. No way we were going trick or treating.
Turns out, “playing” trick or treat was the best trick ever. And, trying to explain to a 2 and 1 year old that if they rang the doorbell we’d give them a piece of candy was ridiculously entertaining to pass another wild evening.
They didn’t even know what candy was yet, although, we did introduce them to the beauty of M & Ms.
Here’s some reminders you may need:
1. You don’t have to do anything.
2. They won’t remember.
3. Fake pose a few pictures and roll.
4. Trick or treat 2 of your neighbors and call it good.
5. Say it with me. Halloween with toddlers = early bedtime.
6. It gets better. WAY better!
Trick or treat, Shelisa
PS. Fun time to sneak in some counting or colors. “Pass Mom 3 green M&Ms please!”